Vacuum Cups, Plate & Rotating Unions
The Vicmarc Vacuum Chucking system has been designed to aid in Woodturning. It enables an item to be re-mounted on the lathe for finishing without risking further holding marks. The Rotating Unions are designed with two ball bearings which enable the lathe spindle to turn freely whilst the hose and connection remain stationary.
- Image 2:
- Rotating Union 10mm inlet - to suit vacuum hose. Part No. V01216
- Image 3:
- Rotating Union 32mm inlet to suit vacuum cleaner. Part No. V01217
Rotating Unions, V01216 and V01217 can be mounted directly to a self-centring four jaw chuck by clamping onto the provided dovetail or they can be mounted directly to the lathe spindle. To mount directly to your lathe spindle you will need to select a VM120/150 Chuck Insert to suit your lathes thread.
- Image 4:
- Rotating Union M16x1.5 - to suit outboard end of the spindle on Vl200, VL240 and VL300. Part No. V01215
The Rotating Union M16 x 1.5 screws into the outboard side of the lathe and connects to the vacuum hose. Two ball bearings prevent the hose from spinning.
- Image 5:
- Rotating Union M12 x 1.5 - to suit VL150 lathe. Part No. V01214
- Image 6:
- 60mm Cup - Part No. V01218
- Replacement Foam O-ring cord for 60mm Cup Part No. P00305
- Image 7:
- 100mm Cup - Part No. V01221
- Replacement Foam O-ring cord for 100mm Cup Part No. P00301
- Image 8:
- 150mm Cup - Part No. V01222
- Replacement Foam O-ring cord for 150mm Cup Part No. P00302
- Image 9:
- 200mm Cup - Part No. V01223
- Replacement Foam O-ring cord for 200mm Cup Part No. P00303
The Vicmarc Vacuum Cups are precisely machined from cast aluminium. Each Vacuum Cup includes two neoprene seals for internal or external pickups. They can be used with any of the above Rotating Unions. Rotating Unions, V01216 and V01217 can mount directly onto the Vacuum Cup, as shown below. Alternatively a VM90/100 Insert can be mounted to the Vacuum Cup and then screwed directly to the spindle. In this configuration you would need to use either V01214 or V01215 (depending on lathe size) screwed to the outboard side of the Vicmarc Spindle.
- Image 10:
- Vacuum Cup Screwed onto Rotating Union 10mm inlet, used with vacuum pumps.
- Image 11:
- Vacuum Cup Screwed onto Rotating Union 32mm inlet, used with vacuum cleaners.
- Image 12:
- Vacuum Cup Screwed onto Vicmarc VM90/100 insert, used with Rotating Unions V01214 or V01215.
- Image 13:
The Vicmarc Vacuum Plate is machined from cast aluminium and is 300mm in diameter. The Vacuum Plate has a foam covered front face. It can be used with any of the Rotating Unions. Rotating Unions, V01216 and V01217 can mount directly onto the Vacuum Cup.
Vacuum Plate Part No. V01228
The Vicmarc Vacuum plate can also accept a VM90/100 Insert which can be mounted directly to the lathe spindle. The rotating union V01214 or V01215 is used with this configuration.
Replacement Foam for Vacuum Plate Part No. P00300
Foam, O-Ring Cord For Vacuum Cups - 1.5M Length Part No. P00304
All the above vacuum accessories can be used with a normal household vacuum cleaner or a vacuum pump provided it has a flow rate of at least 3.2 m3/h (1.9 cfm). If using a vacuum pump be cautious not to set the pressure too high as this will result in possible damage to the bearing seals in the Rotating Union. Always start with low pressure and work your way up to a desired pressure.
Vacuum Cups, Plate & Rotating Unionsest Collars
Contact us for a quote